Immanuel Kant & Amsterdam

I know he died some time ago, he is quite old fashioned guy, but frankly, this bizarreness made him my favourite philosopher of our times.  
“Critique of the Pure Reason” is a masterpiece in which metaphysics and traditional philosophy create an opposite attract. In the Enlightenment era his idea of experiences that comes  shaped right from our mind is still sensational. The mind is beyond our being, not divine conception as was first believed. His “philosophy of mind” is a compulsory part of a medical and biological faculty. Which is a pain in the ass to every student of biology or medicine. Sorry guys! It is tough.
On the other hand I like his idea of freedom – which is ruled by empiricism, our will to know, to find out, determined by our curiosity. "The starry skies above me and the moral law inside me".  That’s the point!
I do understand that for non-Kant’s fans it appears perplexed, no worries, I’ve got also some problems … That’s why I try to attend some free lectures just to listen, to find out something new … about this fabulous, outstanding character as Kant.
Anyway, Kant loved women, if he had been living here in Amsterdam, he would have been a frequent visitor in the Red Light District, ladies were his divine spirit. Literally!

As once he said “I am not married, so ladies … there you go” 

Komentarze