Don't be fussy, rent a boat!


Dutch love sea, love rivers and canals, apparently they sail every day, every time, before or after work. The boats are indispensable its a must.  The boat rentals are on an every corner of Amsterdam, literally. 
Don't be fussy rent a boat! You can rent whatever You want to, barge, boat, punts, sail boats, clippers, motorboats. The season starts in May, or rather should start in May, the weather in Amsterdam is moody and changeable in every second, minute or so. Last year it was April, its warm winds stared boating season. This year, however, all boats lovers had to wait till mid of May.  The winter in Amsterdam lasted till the mid of April! I presume not only Holland felt all disadvantages  of coolness and everlasting wintry darkness. But when it stars the canals are full of all kinds of boats, small, big, huge, enormous passenger ships and cruise ships. The view is fantastic, all of them are well maintained, fine-tuned. 
"Dutch can sail, so can I!" I thought. May started so I went to the boat rental, appeared there out of the blue. Excited that finally, in a couple of minutes I will be a 'sailor' ...  showed all documents and started choosing the boat. The owner led me to the small motor boats, I followed him but changed direction, I spotted small yachts, or sail boats, followed its direction, happy that found exactly what I've been looking for. He seemed to be a bit confused, before I pointed my finger out and exclaimed "I want this boat", He asked me "How long haven't You been sailing?" I frowned a bit but thought the guy is right ... "For a quite long time, Sir" - replied. I turned around and chose a small motorboat. The one I could easily take control over, stir without any difficulties. The weather was nice, 20 degrees, sun with a gentle breeze.
I admired Amsterdam from a complete different perspective and I liked it, the building that are not all that high,  from the boat seemed so. All of them colorful, old fashioned, tenement houses. Bizarre feeling - to sail next by other boats, barge which are really big while I was in such a tiny boat.   Noticing every single detail on shore as if I had seen it for the first time. Incredible experience. I recommend everyone! 

Komentarze