Cities

My first day in Amsterdam - nothing special, what appeared as a shock, though, was a flat I moved into. In the blink of an eye I unpacked, closed my eyes and slept safe and sound till an early morning. Second day was marked by a trip - trip to Rotterdam.
Rotterdam is a modern, cosmopolitan, humdrum city, its rich and modern architecture easily blends into concrete city's frames! You can't be easily lost. Every tram, bus, sub lane directs You right back to Centraal Station. I wanted to take a bus to sight-see the core tourists attractions  but changed my mind and walked all day long - Euromast - the view is indeed stunning and fantastic. The restaurant - posh with tasty dishes and cozy atmosphere.  Europoort - is not in Rotterdam vicinity, 60 km out of town. I will reach it one day. At the end of the day I met a crew of a Bulk Carrier 'OLZA' Szczecin, who were about to sail to Ireland. I still go to Rotterdam but I don't look for Europoort in the city center :)
Maastricht - it doesn't look but it is an academical center of everything, universities, schools, colleges are literally on every corner. The spirit of culture overwhelmed the city.  It is definitely worth to see. 
Gouda I ended up there unexpectedly, randomly, I called my mum and said "Hey, I am going to Gouda today", my mum replied "You'd like it, especially the flea market and the town hall", she was worried I had to change my whereabouts once again. She read all about Gouda before I reached the place. My mum was right, I liked it, especially wind turbines! 
IJmuiden - see the sea! Endless sea! If some of You yearn for peace and quiet, go there! No people, just few of them, no music, no meddlesome tourists. The trip from Amsterdam to IJmuiden takes 40 minutes approximately. I don't get seasick easily - so hydrofoil became my favorite means of transport. 
Hoorn the beautiful Markermeer Lake  makes You'd like to stay there all day long.


Noord-Brabant and its picturesque small towns Boxtel, Best, Oisterwijk , Steenbergen (Belgium), Hilvarenbeek catches the eye, one may love them at first sight. I like it ... but Amsterdam is the place I feel the safest, the best!

Komentarze